I hope you all started the year well. Thank you very much for still visiting my page.I sincerly hope that this year we can conclude Module No.6.

Gillebauer , that's the name this old farm house had in Clervaux. Unfortunately, the owner died only three years ago when i did not yet know that i would build his home. Now, i am fishing completely in the dark. Based on the picture a few Blog entries below, i have a hard time figuring the layout of the interior, not knowing what was stable(except of course the obvious left side) and what was living area. Add to that that i desperately am short of display surface and would love to have a few more centimetres to get everything in. But i don't have them. I even, so let's start with that, am steeling land from the former finished embankment and am adding a surface here to rest the house on. It will then be placed at half a meter only from the shore. That is common in Clervaux, but a bit strange to handle right now.


gille4.JPG

In a hurry, while the earth was still not dried, i pushed the wall in using pieces of plaster. I am pretty sure that once it gets a nice weathering and plants it will be ok. I am not sure anymore if i can put the weeping birch on the other shore as planned as it nearly reaches this side and will eventually block to much any view. I will see that later. No problemo to put the birch anywhere else,

Another really challenging element is the fact that this house is going to be seen from the outside and the inside. So no cheating at all, no one sided beams for the timber framed part, no one sided doors and windows and no one sided chimney, just to cite a few examples.

As i finally saw no hope any more in getting this house sketched in advance completely, i started with the timber frame, remaining throughout the whole time in complete improvisation mode. That costs me already some unnecessary work, but i needed to start with anything to get the house developed bit by bit. To solve the double view issue with the timber frame i used a piece of plastic card and glued beams on both sides, mirrored of course and only half the thickness , so that the overall thickness equals a normal wall. As the house is made of slate, i glued pieces of my slate copies made from the castle mould into the empty spaces between the beams
gille1.jpg
The ends are filled with saw dust to give the impression of a whole beam. Same procedure as for some other build already. Windows and doors drawn on and cut out of the styro architect stuff i can't remember the name even after 6 years.
gille2.jpg
With my usual tools i am glueing the wall on the board, windows and doors cut out with the Dremel. Doors are framed with beams and some of the windows get a plastic card frame to make a nice and clean opening.
gille5.JPG
As i have finally something visual to work on i am slowly developing this build in my mind, with nothing marked on paper.
gille3.JPG
I will do a kitchen on the left side, a little farm servant's (Knecht) room in the middle (just enough space to put in a bed), with openings to the stable on the right side. The complete upper levels will be the attic for hay storage and such. That's it for now.

By the was, Eurospoor expo in Utrecht in October is confirmed, 20000 visitors in three days are expected there. I am trying to find a few exposition panels to display my DinA0 posters on (after i translated them in dutch of course), as informing 20000 people with my silly info maps is out of question. Not sure if i should ask the authorities in Clervaux or perhaps other officials.