The reference picture with the tower clearly shows the stone pattern of the bridge.

As often i choose initially the easy path, and used my trusted mould from the castle stonework to make this ones to. Now, after the start of the detail painting of the stones, i realized that i probably will never be satisfied about it and it would be best to redo it now, while it is still time. Here is how it looked like

With the Dremel i sanded away all raised stones and redid everything with the classic method of air drying clay and scribbing the stonework by hand, one by one. Don't forget at this point that my bridge is 50 cm long and 18 wide, something most modellers consider being two big dioramas already, so there are plenty of stones to scrib. Here is a progress picture
I did not regret redoing it, It will certainly look more like the original now.